Fitness, Running and Nutrition Forum  

Go Back   Fitness, Running and Nutrition Forum > AthleticRunner > Steroids and SARMS Information
Register FAQ Auctions Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
sirderyk
Unheard

: ()
sirderyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Running to lose weight / tone up

Hey guys, my name's Deryk and I'm new to this forum. I hope to learn many things about running, since I am just starting back up again. With that being said, I have a question. I'm not overweight, but i do have a little gut and recently noticed some man boobage starting to happen. I've been wanting to start running again but I haven't really had much motivation to start until now. I was wondering if there is any certain way I should run to reduce fat around the body? Should I just run for 20-30 minutes at a good pace or set distance goals? Right now I can run 1.5 miles before I start feeling really tired, and could probably make 2 miles. I've also been doing pullups, pushups, crunches, and I don't know what they're called but its when you hang from a pull up bar and bring your knees to your chest, every night for the past week. Any suggestions about good running or home exercises would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
iRUNindy

iRUNindy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to iRUNindy
Re: Running to lose weight / tone up

If you're running 2 miles that's probably about 350 calories. So figure that times how many every times you run a week. Chances are over a 1,000 calories. So if you watch your diet in addition you should start to trim up especially if you're doing weight training.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:32 AM   #3
shegodemona
Shy

shegodemona is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Running to lose weight / tone up

try running twice a day and dont feel bad about taking walk breaks and drinking sips of cold water. The goal is to keep your metabolism in burn mode for as long as possible.

Closed Thread