Fitness, Running and Nutrition Forum  

Go Back   Fitness, Running and Nutrition Forum > AthleticRunner > Steroids and SARMS Information
Register FAQ Auctions Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
scottjk7890
Unheard

: ()
scottjk7890 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help training for incline running

I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis a year ago and lately have been trying to get back into the swing of things. I've been training for a 12.6 mile run with the first half of it having a 1500' gain in elevation. Then you get to run back down as quick as you can. Last years winner did it in a little under an hour and a half. Now that the back story is mostly out of the way: I'm trying to train to win this race. I'm 23, have a bad knee, bad back, and I bleed out of my arse. Plus I have 2 weeks left. What specific training (workouts, weights, etc.) can help me improve my uphill stamina? I've been training on mostly level ground for 3-4 weeks, and I know I can't expect to win, but it makes it much easier to push it if your trying to. Running uphill is just not getting 'any' easier, it hurts my knee going up and down, and my speed is horrendous in the meantime. Any advice, whether for the knee, the incline, nutrition, anything?

Old 06-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
movegreatness
Unheard

movegreatness is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need help training for incline running

Why push yourself unnecessarily? Why not spend some time swimming and setting goals that are more realistic to your current physical situation?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
subfifty
Beginner

subfifty is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely. A bad knee, and a bad back? Plus your medical condition. I would first look at what is going on with your knee and back. My opinion is that the problems you are having with your knee and back are related, that they are being caused because of an anatomical imbalance in your body. I would check out train2move.com. There should be some information on there that could significantly change the way you train and help out your back and knees, at which point you could then focus your goals back to the race. In the meantime I would fix your body rather than thrash it even more.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
Adseoline
Shy

Adseoline is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the most important concept.

every one must cumpolasrily training.....

It is the best use...

If we need training we can now every thing in any concept...

Then we can understand how do this job?

It is must to every one?

---------------------

Adsenoline

it is must
Old 01-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
Dozz
Shy

Dozz is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude, what are you thinking?

In my opinion, the most important thing you can focus on is to become much more healthy than you currently seem to be. Pushing yourself to win a 12 mile race is probably not going to help you much.

If you must compete, look for other interests that will be somewhat more kind to your body, especially considering your knee, back and colitis.

Maybe consider competitive water skiing, swimming or other water sports. If you live near the ocean look to some of the surfing-type sports such as surfing, sail surfing etc.

Maybe get into dirt-bike riding or other such sports.

Maybe just do a combination of some of these sports just to enjoy them for their own sake and not to win.

Just my thoughts. Good luck with your physical situation.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
Vega
Shy

Vega is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with what everyone said. If you continue to push yourself and train for this race, your only going to make your knee and back worse. I would see a doctor and heal before you train for your next race. As far as training to run uphill, I'd just hop on the treadmill and jack up the incline and practice that way.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #7
shane
Learner

shane is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you have to consult a physician or doctors , the doctor will diagnose your symptoms correctly and he will prescribe you better than any else...
Closed Thread