Fitness, Running and Nutrition Forum  

Go Back   Fitness, Running and Nutrition Forum > AthleticRunner > Steroids and SARMS Information
Register FAQ Auctions Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
Azalin
Unheard

: ()
Azalin is an unknown quantity at this point
Anterior pelvic tilt / No balance

Hey mates. I am new to this board, and frequent a different runners board which I have pretty much given up on. I am hoping someone on here, can give me some help, or some additional answers to my problem.

I have been seeing my physiotherapist, and recently had a gait test by him, and watched the video. Now my problem is that when I run, or even walk, I am entirely off balance. If I jog on a treadmill, Im all over the treadmill, I need to concentrate to keep any type of pace. Also, when I jog at high rates of speed, my back INSTANTLY hurts, a pain in the middle of my back, that can get bad enough to make me stop running all together. This problem has been going on for about 2 years ( Im currently 26, and training for the Royal Marines in England ). It has given me countless of other related injuries, such as runners knee, and achilles tendonitis, which have healed, with the help of orthotics.

Now watching myself run in the video, you can see me dropping my right hip everytime I impact the ground, jeez, looks painful, and it is !!. So I've been working on my glute muscles on both sides, as he say's THAT is what's causing this muscle imbalance / anterior pelvic tilt. I have been doing this for 2 months now, with NO results. I have also been still running 5 times a week as I run home from work, and walk in the mornings ( not far, only 1.5 miles ). Will running constantly like this counter effect any of the workouts Im doing for my muscles, trying to get them back in place ?. Thinking that, starting today I was going to take 2 weeks off of running, and simply walk to and from work.

Can anyone give me any advice ?. I tried searching for such an issue on this board and found nothing. Am I simply the unlucky person who only has issues like this ?. It's so aggravating to try and walk properly every single step you take. It's like learning to walk again, and it's been like that for a year.

Thanks everyone.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
subfifty
Beginner

: ()
subfifty is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Anterior pelvic tilt / No balance

I think I may have a link to an excellent website that may help you with your problem. Train2move.com
go check it out, and let me know what you think. Try searching for posts on running efficiency, injuries, and general philosophy
Closed Thread