PDA

View Full Version : Are ur feet flat?

ravs2k6
05-07-2006, 11:36 PM
There are two ways to tell what kind of feet you have; you can either just look at your foot (this is less accurate) or you can look at your footprint (make a footprint by running on paper with wet feet).
If you have a flat foot, your footprint will look like a foot shaped blob. There will be almost no inward curve from your big toe to your heel; there may even be an outward curve. If you are just examining your foot, you'll notice that as you press your hand down on the bottom of your foot that your foot flattens out to conform to this new surface.
If you have a flat foot you are probably an overpronator. This is the most common of the three types of feet. All this means is that when you run your feet roll inwards. You will probably need a shoe that will maintain stability for you.
Just take a look at aflat foot print:
http://z.about.com/d/running/1/5/B/-/-/-/overpronator.jpg

CoachLevi
05-17-2006, 09:17 AM
My feet are pretty flat. I always had lots of problems (shin splints, stress fractures, pinched nerves, etc) until I got some Saucony shoes with lots of support and motion control. I think they are the Grid Stabil MC 5. Very nice.

naidu
05-24-2006, 05:44 AM
Luckily I don't have flay feet, my feet have a proper curve. But I have a extra toe on my left foot due to this I feel uncomfortable in extended running sessions. No shoes fit me properly.

RunningJim
05-24-2006, 09:02 AM
An extra toe on your left foot eh? For some reason I don't believe you.

moor2k6
05-24-2006, 01:50 PM
The Flat Foot
This has a low arch and leaves a print which looks like the whole sole of the foot. It usually indicates an overpronated foot - one that strikes on the outside of the heel and rolls inwards (pronates) excessively. Over time, this can cause many different types of overuse injuries.
Best shoes: Motion control shoes, or high stability shoes with firm midsoles and control features that reduce the degree of pronation. Stay away from highly cushioned, highly curved shoes, which lack stability features.
http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/images/adicalibratex159.jpg (http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/article.asp?UAN=957)

naidu
06-02-2006, 02:20 AM
An extra toe on your left foot eh? For some reason I don't believe you.

I some how missed this post. So I'm replaying now. Why will I lie, I think its an genetical disorder my fathers mother has an extra toe on her left foot, so I got it.

Riggy
06-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm definitely an over-pronator with 2 flat feet....lucky me! Oh well..... What really helped me was going to a store that specializes (really specializes) in the needs of runners. I actually had a foot and running evaluation. I stood on a device that took imprints of my feet, and then ran on a treadmill while being videotaped.

Finally getting fitted with the correct shoes really helped me a lot!

Riggy;)

dreaded
09-25-2008, 11:14 PM
I just need to be reminded.,ahmmm could you kindly post the name,contact details of that specialty store you mentioned? If it did help as you've said then it will definitely help me as well.