PDA

View Full Version : how to reduce my abs?

ravs2k6
05-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Ok so I have been working out for years...but I am not happy with the way I look and I have just started running and I am doing about 3miles 4 times a week. But some days I can run it like I do it everyday! 1- Why is my level of stamina so inconstant? 2- I really would like to work on my abs... how could I build them up? 3- is there anything i can do to workout my tish more while running.

naidu
05-09-2006, 06:48 AM
To start off, you lay on your stomach, on the groud, not your bed or a couch. Then bring your arms together and tuck them under your chest so that your basically lying on your fore arms, so that if you look straight done you can see the palm of your hands. For the next step push up off the ground with the your fore arms and go on your tippy toes so that your body is almost paralell with the ground. Now your stomach and most of your upper body should be above the ground. Hold this position for as long as you can. I admit, it is a hard exercise to do, but if you keep doing it everyday and holding that position a little longer each day, you will eventually have abs of steel.

ravs2k6
05-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Thanks friend...i'll try to do it..infact i have been doing some abs workout but it isnt working .I have been keeping my legs locked under a fixed steel rod and my hands behind my head .I try to get up and it seems very easy for a few reps but as it goes on..it becomes hell.i'll try this method of yours.

CoachLevi
05-17-2006, 09:00 AM
I think the exercise naidu mentioned is the plank. That's good, along with bicycle kicks, hanging knee lifts, and lots of other exercises. Plain old crunches aren't the most effective thing you can do.

If you're serious about building stamina and core strength, I have to recommend this program called Cyclo-Core. It's not cheap, but it works!

PCWebAdvice
06-19-2006, 02:12 PM
You can work on your abs by doing situps, inclined situps, inclined situps with weights, and inclined situps with thrown weights. All of these work the best and I like inclined situps with weights the best. Put a 5lb circular weight on your chest, cross your arms, and then do situps. This will add to your tone along with doing it inclined.

akilles13
06-20-2006, 05:49 PM
A lot of people forget to treat the abs like every other muscle, and they do a million sit-ups or crunches. Your abs need more resistance to get really strong. You should have some exercises for your abs where you can only do 8-15 reps. That, combined with fat-burning exercise and good eating habits should do the trick.

Gmason
06-20-2006, 06:36 PM
center of your body is most important so your abs and lower back workout should be done carefully so you don't over extend and hurt yourself.

lot of people use big ball to lay on with your back and move up and down in a situp motion to stretch your muscles slowly.. then move to crunches.. then situps.. and use weight if necessary

mis_chiff
06-21-2006, 02:18 AM
Are weights better help in losing weight or
building muscle?

Danielle
06-21-2006, 10:30 AM
mis_chiff wrote: Are weights better help in losing weight or
building muscle?

Adding weight to your ab routine will increase muscle gains. And gaining muscle will enable your body to burn extra calories at rest. We're not talking a mega amount of calories burned, but in the long run gaining more muscle will help in losing weight or at least for maintaining one's weight as one gets older.

mis_chiff
06-22-2006, 11:42 AM
mis_chiff wrote:

Adding weight to your ab routine will increase muscle gains. And gaining muscle will enable your body to burn extra calories at rest. We're not talking a mega amount of calories burned, but in the long run gaining more muscle will help in losing weight or at least for maintaining one's weight as one gets older.

older...yeah, that's comforting...you mean it's going to get worse?..lol
I had surgery a coupla years ago, and still having some problems with stomach
muscles...lifting, sittups I'm very limited. so the pounds aren't the problem...
it's the (for lack of politer words) flab around the middle...:o
so looking for a way to do it without irritating everything...

Word2Action
06-27-2006, 03:34 PM
It is indeed a fact that muscles require a higher level of energy to exist. They draw this energy from fat. Therefore the more muscular person sitting down watching TV will burn more calories than the non-muscular person doing the same activity.