PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Spikes?

ravs2k6
05-06-2006, 05:23 AM
I'm looking to buy spikes for this track season and I will be running the 4x100m relay, 200m and possible 100m dash... but I'm also looking into possibly running the 400m and even doing cross country (5km) in the fall. Now, I don't exactly have money to just throw around... which is why I don't want to pointlessly spend my money everywhere... Can u guys suggest me some good and cheap spikes?

deeprunxc1990
06-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm looking to buy spikes for this track season and I will be running the 4x100m relay, 200m and possible 100m dash... but I'm also looking into possibly running the 400m and even doing cross country (5km) in the fall. Now, I don't exactly have money to just throw around... which is why I don't want to pointlessly spend my money everywhere... Can u guys suggest me some good and cheap spikes?

yea, for cross i would go with the zoom ghac, great show, selling them for 40 on nike.com.

for sprinting i would go with rivials if its you first season, and you don't have much money, the cross spike can be used for track, just don't go out and buy the sprint rivals. the plate will be destoryed by the time you get to track

Junker23
06-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah, Rivals are probably a good idea. If you have excessively small or large feet you might be able to get a deal on some older/rarer spikes on Eastbay, but if not Rivals will suit you fine.

suvi
06-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Go for Nike only. Thats what I like.

deeprunxc1990
06-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Go for Nike only. Thats what I like.

Nike is not the best in some cases. Nike has great spikes around, but there are some addias, puma, new balance, and Asics, that are great.

werner
06-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Be sure to check eBay as well - you can generally find very nice spikes for very cheap if you keep your eyes open.

ruelmendoza0914
09-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi...I'm not a profesional runner,just want to know what kind of shoes is best for jogging...Thanks

LordHeinrich
09-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Old topic, but for info purposes, usually super expensive spikes are expensive because of the name or because they are endorsed by someone famous. There is little difference between $60 spikes and $150 spikes. Most important is that they fit properly and they feel best for you.

davidm
01-09-2009, 01:14 AM
usually nike.com has some good stuff... i have gotten 2 pairs for 40$ and under for each of them... round heels and flat heels.... round heels are best for the 100....but since you are doing other events, i would go with flat heels...
also EastBay has a lot of good stuff, but are usually limited on sizes...
It doesn't really matter what pair of spikes you get, both of mine work fine...

you will have to buy flats, or waffles as they call them in australia for XC.... Can't use spikes for cross country.