PDA

View Full Version : Foot numbness

ravs2k6
05-06-2006, 05:05 AM
While I'm running, my left foot starts to fall asleep around almost always around mile three, no matter what distance I'm running. When this happens I usually adjust the tightness of my laces, making them looser. Many times however the looser lacing of the shoe makes the numbness go away but then I get blisters on my toes, apparently fromt the shoes being to loose in that area. If I have to live with one of them I'll take the blisters.

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on why my foot is going numb or etc.

Also, has anyone tried Speed Laces? Would these maybe fix the numbness without the blisters?

Thanks in advance for the responses

insensible
05-06-2006, 06:03 AM
Well this could be because of :
shoes being too tight.Even if you do not tie them very tight, our feet swell during runs and this swelling can lead to a tighter fit in your shoes. The numbness is the lack of blood circulation in the foot.
Try loosening your laces a bit ;)

Peace_Hope
05-07-2006, 08:55 AM
You also have a nerve that goes down the top of your foot. This may sound weird, but I have heard that it works, tie your shoe laces backwards, so that you make the knot at the bottom of the shoe, instead of up by your ankle. This can also help prevent ankle or foot injury from your foot being annoyed and trying to get away from the pain and turning. Causing you to step oddly and twisting an ankle.

Try it, let me know how it goes.

CoachLevi
05-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Also, has anyone tried Speed Laces?

I haven't used them yet, but one of my friends loves them so I plan to try them out.

moor2k6
05-24-2006, 12:46 PM
lace the bottom part of the shoe and then skip a few lacings in the middle and then lace the top 2 rows. This will relieve pressure on the top of the foot, which in turn relieves pressure on the bottom. Also, remember that blisters will soon turn into callouses, and will thankfully not hurt anymore, but you dont want too much movement in your shoes, so still try to keep the lacing snug to keep movement to a minimum.