PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we get drunk....

troy
05-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Guys,

Come on I know when I was in high school I wasn't worried about running. I was worried about getting some strange new piece of booty each week and not failing out of school. I know a lot of runners are die-hard but what's you guys' opinion on drinking and what it does to the body and how it effects your running ability even if yo udon't over indulege.

Would it be pointless to drink four to five beers each day and maintain a workout program?

I enjoy my beer just in case yall were wondering.

ravs2k6
05-06-2006, 03:25 AM
nice! ya we did a "alcoholic mile". you take 4 shots b4 it starts and wait about 30min. then you start and every lap you take another one. by the time we finished i ran about 2miles w/ swerving and whatnot!

PCWebAdvice
06-19-2006, 02:18 PM
That sounds like fun. Sign me up. I would probably suck hard core at that one.

akilles13
06-19-2006, 04:24 PM
That sounds pretty funny. I puked enough times running without alcohol, so I don't think I'd want to try running with it. I do like a good game of flip cup or beer pong!

Discus_Girl
06-22-2006, 02:04 PM
I've personally never liked the taste of any alcohol, or what it does to me. But I do have friends that are very much into the work hard, play hard ethic. They have fun with it :)

Danielle
06-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Eh, if I'm going to run, I want to run well.

Here's a thought: why waste money on the booze? Just stay up for 48 hours and then run. Should be the same thing. :D

Word2Action
07-05-2006, 04:44 PM
This is the story of my life. I just came back from my first year of college and it was a constant struggle between drinking and running for my training. I could still feel my intoxication during some saturday and sunday morning workouts.

mightymightyraider
08-07-2006, 11:48 AM
I could not imagine having to perform with a hang over. That is just not what I would want to have to do early on a Saturday morning, I think I would have to pass on the booze.

JimOakly
08-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Well a little alchohol consumption is no problem. To much will throw you way off and your running will take a nosedive into the ground. I dont think i would be running while i was drunk either:D

hxfailx
06-07-2007, 06:58 AM
sounds pretty funny

werner
06-08-2007, 10:04 AM
nice! ya we did a "alcoholic mile". you take 4 shots b4 it starts and wait about 30min. then you start and every lap you take another one. by the time we finished i ran about 2miles w/ swerving and whatnot!That's amazing!