PDA

View Full Version : Increase distance

robshe
09-18-2006, 08:46 PM
I have been jogging for about 1 year. My daughters both ran cross country in high school and I decided one day to start walking, which turned into the urge to jog. I jog one mile and walk 1/4 mile then jog 1/2 mile then walk 1/4 mile. I would like to jog confortably for 2 miles.
How can I increase my endurance without "killing" myself.:eek:
Thanks
robshe

snake
09-19-2006, 08:35 AM
I see that this is your first post--Welcome! :)

It looks to me like you are doing just the right thing to ease into 2 miles. If you have been doing this pretty regularly for a year now, you should be ready to just keep on going after your first mile.

Perhaps you should run it a a slower pace--you can always stop and walk if you need to, but I would think that the slower pace should work for completing your 2-mile goal.

I am betting that you already have what it takes and that you will surprise yourself and will be able to finish in fine form!! :D GO FOR IT!!

Let us know how it goes...

deeprunxc1990
06-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I have been jogging for about 1 year. My daughters both ran cross country in high school and I decided one day to start walking, which turned into the urge to jog. I jog one mile and walk 1/4 mile then jog 1/2 mile then walk 1/4 mile. I would like to jog confortably for 2 miles.
How can I increase my endurance without "killing" myself.
Thanks
robshe

start out a mile ever other day, then go to a mile on monday-wensday on those days, take Thursday off, and then go Friday off Sunday
next week take away rest days till there are none left.
then after they are all gone, do 2 miles on Monday, then a mile on the rest of your days, then add a mile to every other day.

Monday-mile
Tuesday-off
Wednesday-mile
Thursday-off
Friday-mile
Saturday off
Sunday-off

then move it up with 2miles where the 1 mile are, and a mile where the off are. that should do it to a point

imbiz06
06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
sorry man,i don't jog bcoz I m slim already.

anuban1976
06-07-2007, 12:43 AM
as you are jogging since past 1 year, i dont think u will face any probs in doing it for full 2 miles, but as deeprunxc1990 suggested give a day break in running, it will help your muscles to relax as i think they might need it. :D

suvi
06-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Try to increase the distance you are jogging daily. Could be by few meters. Stop if you can't go. There are some days when no body's body won't work. Those days you can't even make half a mile. Increase your endurance when you can. Check with your physician
to make sure that you can run too.

good luck

suvi

ashish1987
06-07-2007, 02:44 AM
i tried to increase the distance but ended up getting a cramp in my leg...
is it that um not ready yet ??