PDA

View Full Version : Let's catch up!!

snake
09-09-2006, 12:48 PM
It looks like everyone has been very busy and I am interested to hear what you have been up to.

I'll start with my happy news--I just ran a 10-mile race, once around the lake. Got a 1:14:34 which was good enough to get me a second place in my age group!! I brought home a very nice, engraved, silver medal. Wahoo!! :cool:

My other exciting news is that I had a BLAST participating in the Great River Relay. I was on a team with 11 other total strangers--we put our team together on-line. After our experience, we are all great friends! My team has the honor of being the featured team on the website.

In fact, at the race this morning, one of my teammates was there and a whole bunch of other relay participants from all over the Twin Cities were there too. It was fun to see and recognize them.

I want to know how Daniel 6-mile and Peace_Hope are doing with their cross-country seasons. PH--Have you run into my friend Ben B. yet??!!

I want to know what Coach Levi is up to. I want to know if Mommyx2 has dug deep, found something to motivate her, and continued on with her running....All of the posts are so old, and I don't feel like trying to do a search, do please don't feel slighted if I didn't personally include all of you old regulars--I just can't remember you all at the moment!!

I would like to see a new area for posts, something like WORKOUTS or TRAINING/RACING something where we could all just check in, some of you on a daily basis, others of us when we can fit it in....:rolleyes: The title of the post would just be the day and date. We would just post what we did that day for exercise or lack thereof. An example would be my proud paragraph above of what I ran today and how I did. Some days it may just say: 3 miles easy.

This would be something quick and easy for everyone to do, other thoughts or questions may naturally come up and add to the forum, but this would be brainless and keep us in touch and accountable to our on-line forum friends with our workouts.:)

So.....When you all have a minute, let's get this going again. Hope you have all been running!!

Snake

snake
09-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Hey, I just looked at the postings we have to choose from. Let's all post our workouts under the Training section. Since I think this will be a fabulous idea, I'll just cut and paste my happy news over there right now to start us out. :D

daniel_6_mile_man
09-09-2006, 07:09 PM
2 races: one on a very hilly course on a hot day: 19:06 5k and another on a hilly course on a cool day an 18:47.

congrats on your 10 miler! I dont think ive run a 10 that fast! Must've felt awesome! Congrats on the medal!

snake
09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
6-mile,
I know you must be busy with homework and practice but....

How have your practices been going? Twice a day or just after school?

How does your team look to do this season in your division/area/ league/whatever you call it where you are!!

Have you remained uninjured?

Hope all is well. Your race times look good so far! :cool:

daniel_6_mile_man
09-12-2006, 05:56 PM
I have gym in the morning and then a practice for 2 hours after school. Our team looks like we coudl win conference if 2 or 3 of our guys aroudn the 21-22 min area get better, but otherwise we'd be 2nd or 3rd....we're close though.

I've had a few sideaches, a few sores that needed ice, but nothign major thankfully!

So have you planned any other races????

By the way, that great River Relay looked really fun., I'm jealous :p lol, mayeb I'll try it someday.