PDA

View Full Version : I think I am BURNED OUT!!! Does it seem like so?

daniel_6_mile_man
08-19-2006, 03:28 PM
When I was trainign in the summer after a good days rest I always felt new, but now I still feel sluggish after a good night sleep and I am not near as motivated as I once was.

I really want to take a few days off but I dont knwo if my coach would want me to. I think maybe a week break would be ideal but we have a meet next Thursday!

I have been gettign a side stitch EVERY time I run or jog. Its not so bad it makes me unable to run but it slows me down and it doesnt go away liek other ones have. I even feel the stitch when I'm not running.

A little more info- Last summer I ran only 3 miles a day, but this summer I did 8 a day, including a week of 110 miles. I broke the 5% increase rule 3 times, and that was bad I know. I felt good though all the way until a week ago.

joggingqueen
08-19-2006, 06:36 PM
I think that you may have just over done it a bit and wore yourself out. I am sure that if you cut back your training a little things will return to normal in a few weeks. I think that if I were you I would take a few days off as well to help with the recovery process. Hope you get back in stride soon!