PDA

View Full Version : Getting out of bed

Cory
08-16-2006, 02:53 PM
How do you all pull yourselves out of bed to run early in the morning i try but once the alarm goes off and i know that i don't HAVE to be up for anything i dont get up. i was also wondering what's a good pre run food?

Discus_Girl
08-16-2006, 06:11 PM
I put my alarm clock across the room so I HAVE to get up to turn it off. I also put the alarm on my television on 5 minutes after my regular alarm clock goes off. After a while it becomes natural. I wouldn't eat before my morning fatburn. Just get up and go. Eat something with protein afterwards.

mommyX2
08-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Well I have to be up early anyway with the kids so getting up is not the problem for me. For me it is finding the time to get out with the kids and get going. Sometimes I have to do more running around to get them ready then I actually get to run.

joggingqueen
08-18-2006, 02:06 PM
I am up really early for work so there is no way that I would have time for a moring run during the week. On the weekends I set the alarm and stumble my way to the shower, once I am showered I feel great and get going then I come back and need another shower! LOL

CoachLevi
08-22-2006, 02:48 PM
How do you all pull yourselves out of bed to run early in the morning i try but once the alarm goes off and i know that i don't HAVE to be up for anything i dont get up.

For some reason I've always woken up early without an alarm. But there are definitely days when I'd rather just lay in bed... those days I remind myself of upcoming races and think about the fact that everyone else is probably training - so I have to get up. And I also think about how dedicated I am to get up and train and therefore deserve to win, etc.

Also you can try to get so you automatically roll out of bed as soon as you wake up. The more you think, the less likely you will actually move ;)

ashish1987
06-06-2007, 10:15 PM
i have the same problem !!
there is NO WAY an alarm can wake me up !!
an early mornin call or someone knocking on my door is the only way i get up !!!

deeprunxc1990
06-06-2007, 11:18 PM
i'll set an alarm, every now and then i'll over sleep, but i have a sister on my team and we go to morning practice to gether, so she will yell at me if i fall back asleep.

suvi
06-06-2007, 11:50 PM
I have no choice. If I am not at work in time, I will be in trouble with my boss man. So I do get up.

suvi
06-06-2007, 11:50 PM
And i set the alarm 15 minutes before the scheduled wake up time. So that way, even if I listen to the alarm music and lies around for a while, still I won't be late.

suvi
06-06-2007, 11:51 PM
I do miss my runs a couple of times a week. Mostly by being just lazy. I just turn the alarm of and go back to sleep.

Vizuke
06-06-2007, 11:55 PM
I agree with ashish. My alarm is from my cell phone and it frequently unresponds. I developed a habit of waking up early so I usually wake up by myself early. You kind of get used to it.

anuban1976
06-07-2007, 12:30 AM
i keep my alarm clock / cell phone far off from my bed so that i have to get up whenever it alarms. and normally i put three alarms with a time difference of 5 mins in each alarm.

ashish1987
06-07-2007, 02:48 AM
kick yourself out of the bed as soon as the alarm rings !!!
if you allow yourself to sleep for even a minute you'll keep sleeping !!!