PDA

View Full Version : Going to the gym?

khasmoth
08-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Hi does anyone here go to the gym to train?

I heard some athlete doing this kind of training.

I also plan to do this but wasn't sure about the effects on my body.

Will it really help my career? I heard some side effects if your too young to lift some weights. Is it true?

Word2Action
08-13-2006, 02:43 PM
Well i've been going to the gym for about 3 years now and the effects that its had on my body have been tremendous. I needed speed at first but now I do mostly strength training. My strength, stamina, even looks have gone sky high since three years ago. As long as you train for what your needs are, there will always be something good to do at a gym. Never be shy! Everyone was a starter one day at the gym EVERYONE.

Discus_Girl
08-13-2006, 06:33 PM
I was also wondering something about this myself. I'm very into heavy free-weight training because I'm also a thrower during the Track&Field season. I'm still wondering if being more muscular than lean can affect my running preformance.

mommyX2
08-15-2006, 10:16 AM
I go to the gym almost everyday to swim. I let the kids go to the daycare play room and I go for a nice swim and sometimes even will hit the bikes for a little more stress relief. I am glad that our gym has the daycare for the kids because it lets them get out and play with other children.

CoachLevi
08-17-2006, 08:12 AM
It depends what you're doing there and what your goal is, but there's usually something good for you :)

Vizuke
06-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Running in real tracks is more better than running on a treadmill. Only because you have to deal with real and all sorts of terrains.

suvi
06-07-2007, 12:18 AM
I was thinking about it for so many years. But never started it. Sticked to my infrequent runs only so far

Vizuke
06-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Well gym is more to build up strength. Running really builds your stamina and endurance as well as your muscles in the lower body. If you want to expand to the rest of the body, you can always run to a gym.

imbiz06
06-08-2007, 09:43 PM
I am going to gym from 2 years contionusly.......

dreaded
10-12-2008, 01:11 AM
I enrolled on a gym class a year ago,but never stayed long.Since i was focusing on running,i thought building muscles is not the way for me to better off my running skills.Stamina built thru cardio workouts like swimming,playing badminton provides more suppport towards achieving stamina in running..and its more fun as well.

gymquitter (http://www.gymfitnessexerciseequipment.com)

tmacbham86
10-24-2008, 08:09 AM
I cross train frequently. I run every morning and go to the gym Monday through thursday. I found that doing low weight and high repetitions will make me more lean and seriously improves my running as well as my muscle fatigue when I run. So with that said I'd say the gym is a plus by far!!!