PDA

View Full Version : My first time joining in a "real" tournament

khasmoth
08-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Yes you heard it right. It's my first time joining this real tournament. Before I really enjoy running just for fun. But I can't stop the passion for this sports. Each and everytime I run I can't stop the adrenaline rushing through my veins. Can anyone advice me what should I expect since this is my first "real" tournament?

snake
08-09-2006, 08:16 AM
I may have missed something along the way, but what is this "tournament" that you are referring to? Are you running in a road race or a track meet? What distance will you be running? When is the event? :)

mightymightyraider
08-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Wow your first time? That is so much fun. I remember the first time that I ran for competition. I think that the most important thing is just to stay focused and know that you can do it! Also as soon as the race is over don't just sit down, remember to strech out a bit and cool yourself down. Those are all the pointers that I can think of! Hope they help.

JimOakly
08-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Congradulations. The first thing to do is just train train train. Make sure your prepared for the race and also be quite sure to eat right. Pace yourself for the race also and make sure that your able to complete the entire thing first before you race for real.

ashish1987
06-07-2007, 03:00 AM
make sure u take sufficient rest on the night before the big day...
dont sleep too much or too less...
either of the two is harmfull