PDA

View Full Version : Patella Femoral Syndrome

mightymightyraider
08-07-2006, 11:55 AM
This is what really ended my running career in high school. I discovered that the knee pain that I was having in both knees turned out to be patella femoral syndrome meaning that I had an extra bone in each of my knees. I had to have an operation and I have never ran since then. I wish that I would have recovered better from the surgery so that I would not have put on this weight but everything happens for a reason.

ehankin
08-21-2007, 09:28 PM
I have patella femoral syndrome in my right knee. I had two surgeries to correct it, both arthroscopic, with moderate results. They say the arthroscopic lateral release has the lowest success rate of any arthroscopic surgery performed anywhere on the body. I just got back into running in March and I am doing ok so far. I love Aleve. :) I wear my good brace that my first orthopedist gave me everytime I go out. It is a pain and slows me down but it is worth it to keep my patella on track. I was given the option of having reconstructive surgery which I have opted out of for the time being. I'm doing ok right now with the running, hiking, and horseback riding that are all a part of my life so we'll see...