PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run in the sand?

CoachLevi
07-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Although I've seen it in the movies countless times, I don't think I've ever gone for a run in the sand. It's supposed to be bad for your tendons because of the strain, I think due to the soft, uneven surface.

But I see people running on the beach anyway. Do you?

sauconygal
08-08-2006, 02:06 PM
When I am on vacation at the beach for a week in the summer it is about the only place that you can take a run and not be worried about people breaking your run. The boardwalks are way too crowded! I suppose that is probably not all that good for your tendons but when you gotta run you gotta run! :D

daniel_6_mile_man
08-09-2006, 09:43 PM
I've tried it but didnt like it. It feels likr I'm wastign too much energy and messes up my form

sauconygal
08-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Even thought I do it I have to agree that it does use so much more energy. Does anyone know if they make special shoes for running in the sand? I had never thought to look before.

khasmoth
08-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Although I've seen it in the movies countless times, I don't think I've ever gone for a run in the sand. It's supposed to be bad for your tendons because of the strain, I think due to the soft, uneven surface.

But I see people running on the beach anyway. Do you?

Actually running in the sand is the best way to strengten your muscle. I saw lot of boxers doing this kind of training. I also tried it once but the beach is too far from my town.
I hope to train myself in the sand together with my dad .