PDA

View Full Version : Gym Membership For Just Using the Treadmill

Danielle
07-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Anyone know a gym that'll do this? I can't afford those membership prices--even the YMCA has jacked up prices nowadays--but would sometimes like the advantages of using a treadmill (like if there's ice in winter or if it's dark out). I'm going to ask my old gym (they're open 24 hours), but just wanted to know if anyone is doing this right now (or has in the past).

Lyricb
07-20-2006, 04:28 AM
Danielle, I use 24 Hour Fitness too, and if you ask about it they have really reasonable rates for a four-days-a-week membership. I pay about $17 a month and can go Tues, Thurs, Sat, and Sun.

Danielle
07-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Wow, only $17 a month?! That's doable. Thanks for the heads-up.

Word2Action
07-20-2006, 10:21 PM
I wondered about the same thing the other day. I have a stationary bike at home so I wouldn't pay to go to the gym just for the treadmill.

sarcasticsmiles
07-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Hmmm...my recommendation would be to try smaller independent gyms. Most of the big chains won't make "special" accomodations. The other thing to consider, alot of gyms offer single day passes. Out here, I work out at a place called defined fitness. If you don't have a regular membership, you can get a single day pass for $5. So if you are only going to be using the gym treadmill occasionally, that might be an option

Peace_Hope
08-05-2006, 09:58 PM
The YMCA is always a great place, because you can also use the weight room, and swim which is a very good cross training way to stay in shape.

Look into it, memberships are not too awfully expensive. Students in college can get in for $31/month unlimited pass.

I got one yesterday :)

BlackPawnDown
08-05-2006, 11:17 PM
I suck the salt and bite the bullet in the winter and run anyway, just wear sweats. Once I get going though I don't feel the cold. Only thing to watch out for is ice. But I can understand wanting to stay inside.

sauconygal
08-07-2006, 12:03 PM
I don't know your monitary situation but another thing to consider is that the YMCA offers low income memberships that if you provide them a proof of your income and it meets their standards they will knock a lot off your membership. I know that years ago when my mom was a stay at home mom we quailified and a family membership was only 30.00 per month for us.

ashish1987
06-07-2007, 03:06 AM
here we have daily fee in gyms as well and in the daily category they charge you by the machines...

suvi
06-07-2007, 03:58 AM
I am not aware of any.
________
Launch box (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

ahop23
03-03-2008, 11:43 AM
I have never heard of a gym that will reduce fees for just specific pieces of equipment but it is worth a shot. Let bus know who you find. I did find that interesting about 24 hour fitness but we do not have those in my area.