PDA

View Full Version : I can't get rid of stubborn belly fat.

Word2Action
07-12-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm a guy and most guys store fat on their stomachs. The rest of my body is pretty much rock solid from top to bottom except for that pouch of belly fat! I have a legit rock hard 4 pack and that belly fat just haunts me to no end. Any suggestions?!?!?!?!

CoachLevi
07-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Tell me about it! You can have rock hard abs but the only way to get rid of the belly fat is lots of cardio/fat burning exercise!

Danielle
07-13-2006, 06:59 PM
I feel your pain...except my trouble spot is my thighs. CoachLevi's got the only answer to this problem: cardio, cardio, and more cardio! (And don't forget the diet part, too.)

eneagirl
07-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Actually, the best tried and true method of getting rid of that belly is sit ups. You need to stimulate the muscles where you want to replace fat with muscle.

You see a ton of paid infomercials these days on new ways to do situps, but in reality your best bet is the good old fashioned crunch.

Try doing 25 a day for 30 days and see if you don't start to notice a difference in your belly.

They say if you give something thirty days it starts to become a habbit.

`lae
07-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Tell me about it! You can have rock hard abs but the only way to get rid of the belly fat is lots of cardio/fat burning exercise!

ahhh so it is really possible to lose that belly fat by lots of cardio huh? what if i do cardio for 30 mins, 5x a week... and then situps 150x a day, every day... will i lose this flabs? i really want to lose my belly fat too... do u think if i do that every day for a month, it will make me lose those flabs?

snake
07-24-2006, 10:21 AM

I find that I lose weight when I run for a MINIMUM of an hour. Now, mind you, I am not careful about what I eat and drink, so I know I could drop weight more quickly if I chose to be disciplined. I have noticed that my whole body gets quite a bit slimmer, then finally, my "tough spots" will go down. I am 5'8" though, so I have quite a bit of room to put on extra, unnoticible weight. For those of us who have given birth, some of the "extra" belly may just be the extra stretched skin.:(

Another sad fact: Women carry their fat on top of their muscles, thus you can see the cellulite, lumps, and bumps, and we are more soft and squishy.:mad:
Men carry their fat UNDER their muscles, so they will always look more fit and "hard" even when they are hanging onto extra pounds.

IMHO, you cannot "spot reduce". You should keep doing those crunches though, so that when you finally lose the extra weight that you didn't think was there, you'll look buff and cut!:)

sarcasticsmiles
07-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Snake is right..."spot reduction" is simply not possible. I'm not knocking crunches, they're great for building that muscle. Unfortunately no one will see it unless you lose that fat around the middle too. Cardio is really the only way to go for fat loss. That and keep your body guessing. If you run the same length, at the same speed, every time, your body becomes complacent. While you are definitely still burning calories, you are not doing it as efficiently. Change things up. Add some intervals to your run. Try trail running, instead of city running to challenge your body and your muscles in a new way. And I always recommend including a little strength training. Extra muscle will give your metabolism a little extra kick in the right direction

anuban1976
06-07-2007, 03:05 AM
my personal experience is that situps are the best to reduce belly fat. start with 40-50 a day upto first 15 days and then go upto 100 a day. do not use any machine for that. just place your legs on the couch and ask your partner to sit on ur legs and start.

ashish1987
06-07-2007, 03:46 AM
isnt 40 - 50 quite a lot for a starter??

KickNit
10-12-2007, 08:34 PM
I vote for cardio. 12 years in the military has taught me that crunches and sit ups alone won't get rid of a belly. You have to do cardio. Sure, you can do crunches or sit ups, but that alone won't do it.

glamgurl36
11-29-2007, 01:58 PM
i dont have a lot of belly fat, but i guess i should focus on cardio to get it even flatter..what about thighs??? thats my problem area...i dont want them to get bigger from running...

gamecockfan
02-28-2008, 03:50 PM
so how many crunches or sit ups a day would you recommend to help in this area? I do cardio all of the time and this does not seem to help in this area.