PDA

View Full Version : What's your weekly workout?? critique workouts!

daniel_6_mile_man
07-06-2006, 08:42 AM
My weekly workout for running goes like this:

Sunday- 11-13 Mile Run
Monday-6 or 6.5 Mile Run and later a 3 Mile Run
Tuesday- 7 Mile Run
Wednesday- 4.5 Mile Run and later a 3 Mile Run
Thursday- 6 or 6.5 Mile Run
Friday- 5 Mile Run and later a 3 Mile Run
Saturday- No run: rest!

I do my runs always to set a new personal records, always timing myself with a watch to see if I'm doign better. I've done well with this workout.
What are your workout plans???

Gotham Dark Knight
07-09-2006, 11:20 AM

Sunday- 11-13 Mile Run
Tuesday- 7 Mile Run

I do my runs always to set a new personal records, always timing myself with a watch to see if I'm doign better. I've done well with this workout.

Wisconsin is nice this time of year...just got back from a trip there...but dude, I am exhausted jsut by looking at your schedule...I have seen World Class Steeple Chasers put in less...Where is the speed work though?...no intervals on the track for speed?...any weight training that goes with it on the off season?...any cross training?

daniel_6_mile_man
07-09-2006, 07:02 PM
I've been liftign hard sicne beginnign freshman year and i compteted in powelifting competitions, but quit and focused on running. So, I'm doen with that.

I go to open gym at my school and play b-ball for 2 hours 3-8 times a week dependign upon when I run.

my coach said to not do speedwork until we start practice with the team in august.....

Gotham Dark Knight
07-09-2006, 10:23 PM
I've been liftign hard sicne beginnign freshman year and i compteted in powelifting competitions, but quit and focused on running. So, I'm doen with that.

I go to open gym at my school and play b-ball for 2 hours 3-8 times a week dependign upon when I run.

my coach said to not do speedwork until we start practice with the team in august.....

cool on the speed work bit...jsut building that base now, its understandable...b-ball huh?...carefully with those knees...

daniel_6_mile_man
07-10-2006, 07:19 AM
whats your workout/training plans?????

snake
07-10-2006, 01:11 PM

Sunday- 11-13 Mile Run
Tuesday- 7 Mile Run

Oh, to be young again!! I am REALLY glad to see that you rest on Saturday. I would hope that you relax and enjoy your Sunday run. I believe rest and easy runs are key to keeping injury free and mentally and physically fresh. Just like with weight training, you need to give your muscles a chance to rebuild so that they can become stronger. I would like to really encourage you to rest a bit more during your "off" season. You'll have plenty of opportunity to run yourself into the ground soon enough.:)

I try to race every weekend and rest the day before, so here is my sample week:

Friday-----Rest-no run
Saturday--Race a 5k, then run the course again slowly to add mileage (total 7-8 miles)
Sunday----LSD--anywhere from 8-15 miles depending on what marathon my running partner is training for
Monday----Rest-no run
Tuesday---Hills. It takes us 1 1/2 hours and I figure we put in a good 7 miles as we run them
Wednesday--Rest--no run
Thursday--a medium hour or so (7-8 miles)

I have a lot of hills in town, so I run down them hard to pretend I'm doing a fartlek workout! I then keep going with it as long as I can at a nice hard pace until I tire, then continue on with my run. Hills: I run my friend's hill workout. I am going to deviate from it however as I feel it is not benefitting us as much as it could. Instead of running for 90 minutes with a million hills thrown in, I want to run 2 miles down for a warmup, then run up one of the killer hills 8-10 times, then run 2 miles home uphill! (just like highschool) I think our current hill plan lets us have too much recovery time in-between. We need to shake things up a bit. My friend is not looking forward to my plan, but I really think our times will improve and she is willing to give it a try. At the end of our runs, we try our best to kick it in as if we were finishing a race. That is the extent of our speedwork. Since my shortest race is now a 5k, I'm ok with no track workouts. I would, however, love to hook up with the highschool runners right down the street, and catch some workouts with them. My kids are old enough now to stay home alone, so I will finally be able to try it this year!!

Word2Action
07-11-2006, 07:47 PM
No big deal or secret. I hit the treadmill 5 days a week, monday through friday. 3 mile, 300 calorie minimum, preferably in 30 minutes or less. I just do this for weight loss right now.