PDA

View Full Version : Training Results/Progress and Disappointments so far?????

daniel_6_mile_man
06-24-2006, 09:44 AM
My personal ones are:

Results/Progress: Al lof my times have dropped INcREDIBLY after I fixed my diet from bad to good. I had always heard diet was key, but never took it to heart, until this summer. I live off fruit, veggies, and meat now instead of chips and junk food. I also now do 50+ miles a week whereas last year I maybe did 25 or 30. My 3 mile tiem has dropped from 21:19 to 17:45, and 6 mile time from 44:34 to 39:59. All this after 3 weeks of training! Also, I gave up weight lifting, which helped A LOT! Now when I say weight lifting, I mean spending hours a day in the gym because I was a hardcore lifter, but I still do the light lifting that runners find beneficial.

Disappointments: Not many long courses to run in my small town! Lol, lonely long runs but I know I'm getting better so I keep going. Not startign to seriously run SOONER!

What has been all your experience, results, and disappointents so far this year?

Danielle
06-25-2006, 06:57 AM
Impressive time drops! I know my diet needs improvement right now. I was eating healthy up until a week ago. Too many celebrations involving junk food. My energy has just gone completely downhill. So right now I'm feeling disappointment in myself for allowing all that junk food to mess up my training. This year hasn't been the best for me. I haven't been getting my running in like I want. I thought once my daughter progressed into the toddler years, she'd be sleeping on a set schedule. Hah, she was more on a schedule as a baby then now.

Glad to hear you're doing so good. :D That's motivating for me.

sauconygal
08-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Great time drops. It is funny that you mention diet I was just complaining in another thread how I would kill for some ice cream right now. I know though that I will pay for it at training as I am sure that my times would go up and the coach would have a canary. I will just have to wait until the off season for that ice cream! :mad: