PDA

View Full Version : training with cadence

Riggy
06-22-2006, 10:52 AM
What has really helped me with my running is running with military cadence. I have a friend who is a former Navy Seal and he suggested a certain tape for me to listen to while I run at the gym. There's no music, but it's the actual military cadence performed by the Navy Seals as they do their runs. It's really fantastic for me! It is so easy to fall into their 'groove' of running when you hear those voices pushing you on....it is really something, and it's my favorite thing to listen to while I run!

Riggy;)

Danielle
06-24-2006, 06:52 AM
That sounds like just the kind of motivation I've been needing. Where can I find it? LOL, probably not Meijer, right?

Riggy
06-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi,

It does truly work for me! I will check my paperwork to see if I still have the order form...if not I know that you can find it online....I will look for that address for you today as well....just don't have it front of me now.

Because I can be a 'slacker' when it comes to running, this a great motivational force for me.;)

Riggy
07-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Sorry for the delay in getting this information on the forum. For anyone interested in the running with cadence tapes, it's made by 'Documentary Recordings' and you can reach the company at PO Box 99788, San Diego, CA 92169. They can give you information regarding a large selection of tapes they have.

Riggy:)

snake
07-03-2006, 10:28 PM
I just returned from my weekend away and was checking in as well as checking out which race I will do tomorrow (July 4) at 8am. In my google search, one of the things that came up was from Amazom.com---Running in Cadence with the Marine Corps!! Check out Amazon--they had a bunch of great customer reviews on the products for sale and they had used cd's for a great price as well. Me, my ears run naked. I haven't run with music for years and am leary about trying. I still have my old tape cassette walkmans with the foam ear things that cover your ear enough to keep it warm in the winter!! (antiques)

Riggy
07-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Snake, hi!

I'm glad that you too also found these cadence tapes. It really does seem inspirational for me to experience the sensation of running with the 'Seals.' I think it helps fight my 'lazy' factor!

Riggy;)

Danielle
07-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the info, Riggy (and snake, too). Boot camp, here I come!

Word2Action
07-05-2006, 04:46 PM
I've never heard of this. Sounds really excited. I'm definitely going to look into it. Thank you.

Riggy
07-06-2006, 12:34 AM
No problem.....I hope you find it useful for yourself. Again, it's been a real motivator for me in fighting my 'lazy' factor!

Riggy

Lyricb
07-06-2006, 08:16 PM
This sounds great! I always felt very cheated in basic training because my drill instructor wasn't allowed to do cadence with us because she was caught using vulgar ones with the class before me. :(

Riggy
08-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This sounds great! I always felt very cheated in basic training because my drill instructor wasn't allowed to do cadence with us because she was caught using vulgar ones with the class before me. :(

That's too bad about your drill instructor, Lyricb. The cadence really seems to get a great running rhythm going and helps to keep a runner motivated. Maybe you can get one of the cassettes too!

Riggy

Muaz
08-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

KickNit
10-05-2007, 09:55 AM

lol

The military has become a hiding place for PC wussies. Cadence is great for running. That's why the military uses them. They're motivational and they provide a rhythm to run to. You take your mind off of the pain and before you know it you've run further than you intended to. Good way to go.

MRMuaz
10-18-2007, 07:04 AM
Hi, This post of mine is very knowledgable and may enhance the information of the viewers , however I would like some specific information for myself. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

sweetlou
12-26-2007, 09:53 AM
The military has become a hiding place for PC wussies. Cadence is great for running. That's why the military uses them. They're motivational and they provide a rhythm to run to. You take your mind off of the pain and before you know it you've run further than you intended to. Good way to go.

layla17
01-03-2008, 09:47 AM
My brother has been using military cadence for awhile now. He swears by and always says it gives him that little extra push every time he feels like giving up.

psimp9090
09-11-2008, 03:05 PM
i started to use cadences over the summer and the results were wow. i would listen to songs before and one fast paced one would make me use all the energy but these are awsome. i think every runner should cheak these out