PDA

View Full Version : Best way you breathe when running?

RainMan
06-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Might sound dumb, I know. But as a very athletic person with asthma, this kills me the most.

Is there a certain way to breathe when running? I'm 6'1" so I'm tall and weigh 170. So im not skinny nor fat.
I hope that helps you a lil.

So is there a better way to breathe? Because usually after a mile, I am 100% done for. Asthma isn't cool.

Gmason
06-21-2006, 02:54 PM
its always tough for asthma people but you can check with your local heath offices or gym.. look for people who can each you breathing techiques.. it helped alot because i was getting too tired from working out.. lack of oxygen sucks

RainMan
06-21-2006, 03:07 PM
I just dont get how people can monitor heart rate etc. PLus sme people say breathe threw your nose etc, but then others say, breth in this way, and out that way.

Just all confusing. This is the only thing holding me back.

Word2Action
06-21-2006, 04:40 PM
All four years playing lacrosse I've heard breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth. Maybe this had to do something with the fact that we wore mouthguards but I still maintain this way of breathing to this day. I think as long as you make sure that you breathe purposefully you should be fine.

moor2k6
06-22-2006, 09:23 AM
many gold medalists and professional athletes have it ,it's needs complete medical attention .Exercise induced asthma is considered to be a 10% or greater reduction in the forced expiratory volume or peak expiratory flow rate on post exercise pulmonary function test.

RainMan
06-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Blah, so many complications with breathing and running these days. I guess I'll just figure out a way to breathe, one which works best for me.

I'll try the breath in and out nose thing, as well as breath in the nose and out the mouth.

solja'swife
06-22-2006, 11:34 AM
I read in a runners magizine that you get the most oxygen breathing in and out of you mouth. This might be best for your situation. I have also heard that breathing in through your mouth and out through your nose helps build endurance. I have not seen facts to back that up though.

Riggy
06-24-2006, 12:36 PM
I really don't have any facts on it either, but my running coaches in highschool and college both said to breath in through your nose and then out of your mouth. Their reasoning was that inspiration through the nose is the best filtering system for naturally cleaning your air.....meaning the little hairs in your nose work to filter out the dust and debris that's kicked up during running....

Just another thought on it. I know that I have to consciously make an effort to do this when I run.

Riggy;)

Lyricb
06-29-2006, 09:29 AM
When I entered basic training I had never really run at all, so my drill instructor told me in addition to the whole in-through-the-nose-out-through-the-mouth thing that timing my breathing to my steps might help too. I still utilize it to this day, because it keeps me focused...personally I do one breath in for every four steps, then one breath out for every four steps, and so on.

ashish1987
06-07-2007, 03:10 AM
i dnt know about any special breathing pattern that you can use while you run but i know something else that you can do!
pm me if u wanna know.

suvi
06-07-2007, 03:55 AM
I usually breath through my mouth while running. I am not sure thats the right way to do it or not.
________
Suzuki Gs Series History (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_GS_series)

ashish1987
06-07-2007, 04:06 AM
I usually breath through my mouth while running. I am not sure thats the right way to do it or not.
from what i have heard it is not a good idea to breathe from the mouth.
various reasons including the fact that we inhale more than we have to when we breathe from the mouth

hxfailx
06-07-2007, 06:44 AM
breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth will be best!

suvi
06-07-2007, 06:58 AM
from what i have heard it is not a good idea to breathe from the mouth.
various reasons including the fact that we inhale more than we have to when we breathe from the mouth

Its kinda hard for me to do breathing through nose while running, if not impossible.
________
Buy vaporgenie (http://www.vaporshop.com/vaporgenie-vaporizer.html)