PDA

View Full Version : Athletic Shoe Stores

Peace_Hope
06-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Where is your favorite place to buy athletic shoes?

I like Footlocker, and Run n' Fun as my favorites :)

Run n' Fun has a bunch of people that actually know what they are talking about so that is kind of nice.

Lyricb
06-22-2006, 12:27 PM
I used to always just buy my running shoes on sale at department stores, but a doctor told my husband that those shoes have probably been sitting around for a long time and it's much better for your feet to buy them at athletic shoe stores.

snake
07-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Coach--we have a Marathon Sports in MPLS as well!
Peace_Hope--I will certainly run into you (I'll be behind you...) at some race in the future as we are in the same neck of the woods.:) I was just at Run-n-Fun on Monday, looking for women's running shorts in a pattern. Nothing. :mad: I gave my very valuable coupon to some young woman and her husband instead of using it myself. I cannot find patterned shorts anywhere--not even on-line.
When I visit my sister in Florida, she takes me to the Adidas outlet store where I just bought 2 pair for the regular price of one. Aside from those visits, I always buy my shoes from Run-n-Fun because they know what they are doing. All of their employees are runners. I like supporting my "local" stores, but I am tempted to try a catalog order someday if the price is right and they have the EXACT shoe that I need. What I like about RNF is that I can try on different shoes at different price ranges. I never look at the price--just try them on and take a jog down the block. Man, can you tell the difference in quality sometimes.....It's also nice to see that the most expensive shoe is not always great for you! I've tried a few different shoes over the past few years, but seem to have settled in to my usual ADIDAS Supernova Cush (whatever). RNF also has Bodyglide, many different types of energy supplements, funky socks, cards for runners, Christmas ornaments and other gifts for runners, upcoming race info, and so on. They also give back to the running community in ways that I know I am not aware of. Always try to support your local businesses for whatever you may need!

Danielle
07-13-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm guilty of going to department stores nowadays. I used to go to Dunham's and Foot Locker, but with a toddler in tow, I can't wait around for those darn sales people to bring me the shoes.

sauconygal
08-08-2006, 01:56 PM
I love to shop at Secret Sneaker, because they have all kinds of shoes and they are super cheap there. I also am a huge fan of The Shoe Dept. in the mall, they always have something great on sale.