PDA

View Full Version : Nose Blowing While Running

Danielle
06-19-2006, 06:37 AM
*warning: gross question*

Okay, here goes. I have seasonal allergies. Allergies + running = lots of nose blowing. I could never get myself to do what I've seen other runners do: blow their nose to the side without a tissue. Oh, it's tempting all right, especially when I've got pockets bulging with tissues. My husband says I'm just wasting tissue.:D

How do all feel about nose blowing without tissue during a run?

5Kfunrun
08-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Well I think that it is the only way to go. I think that it would take me much too much effort to carry tissues along, so I just blow "snot rockets" as we like to call them. I guess some may think it's crude but tough!

snake
08-11-2006, 09:14 AM
I have never tried that due to my fear: What if the blow is not strong enough, or the snot is too watery and it just slimes all over my face and neck? :eek: :eek:

I envy those who can do it well.

Gross as it is, I also think it just comes with the territory of the sport, just like dashing off into the bushes to empty other body parts!

sauconygal
08-11-2006, 12:13 PM
You know I never gave much thought to this. I guess that I haven't had much problems with waiting until the end of the race. I think that I would just try to blow it out into the open but I would fear that I would have it all over me too!

Bowlerguy92
08-12-2006, 01:30 PM
I guess its kind of what you have to do. It makes sense i guess. But just be sure not to get it on anyone for the sake of everyone else haha. It is kind of gross though but as long as it doesnt hit anyone.

ashish1987
06-07-2007, 03:02 AM
i think its better to carry those napkins

ashish1987
06-07-2007, 04:22 AM
u suggest that you let the nose flow while you run ???
that isnt really the solution is it ???