PDA

View Full Version : Any Speed Walkers Here?

Danielle
06-18-2006, 08:16 AM
I'm curious about speed walking. I've tried it before and it was too rough on my joints.

Anyone here have success with speed walking? How does it compare to running? Do you feel happier running or speed walking?

Riggy
06-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Sorry that I don't have any great stories about speed walking. My only experience is that I took a class in it that was offered at one of the local parks. I have to say it was much harder than I thought it would be, and certainly requires a lot of concentration on your movements. Since I'm not the most coordinated thing, I've decided to stick to the running....I have enough issues with that!

Riggy

forumposters
06-19-2006, 07:46 PM
I'll sometimes speed walk instead of run if I am walking with my sweetheart. She is not into running as I am, so this way we can get our excercise together.

Danielle
06-20-2006, 07:37 AM
Yeah, I think running is a lot easier and feels more natural. I've heard that some speed walkers can go as fast at 7+mph.:eek:

tfw_c
06-20-2006, 02:29 PM
I try to do this before but my feet really hurt after that and I stop doing that...maybe that's not what my feet is born to be :D

DalipJ
06-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Not really my type, But I'll do it occasionally