PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Riggy
06-16-2006, 11:22 AM
:)
I should have introduced myself yesterday, but I just sort of jumped into the forums! I've been running on and off for the last 25 years or so. When I was in Jr. highschool I qualified for national Jr. Olympics for track and field. I was always an excellent sprinter and relay runner.....not so hot ever at long distance. I'm trying to work myself into shape to at least be able to do 10ks with no problem. I love doing 5ks because I love the quicker pace.

Anyway, haven't really run in a long time and am just getting back into it now. I look forward to getting insights from the forum.

Bye!

Riggy

eneagirl
06-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Hi Riggy! I look forward to talking with you more.

I ran in Jr. High also. I was also a gymnist for 10 years so we did A LOT of running.

How is getting back into running working out for you?

Riggy
06-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi Eneagirl, and thanks for the welcome. I imagine that you must have done a lot of runnintg being a gymnist. I really admire that....I've always thought that gymnists had the best endurance and overall physiques. Wish I could have done that, but I'm not near that coordinated!

I'm just now getting back to the running. There's a gym that's within a mile of my home that has a nicely cushioned indoor track, so I'm starting there. It's nice to run minus cars, smog, potholes and the like. I always feel great after running, both physically and mentally....I think my biggest challenge is fighting my 'lazy' factor!

How about you?