PDA

View Full Version : Do you like peanut butter?

Peace_Hope
06-15-2006, 07:59 AM
Peanut butter is one of my favorite sandwich makers in the world. Peanut butter is great to have any time of the day, whether early morning on toast, or midnight for a snack.

The best part is that peanut butter is also healthy for you, it packs in lots of protein, and fills you up just how you like it.

Plus you can even choose from Creamy to Chunky, whatever you like, it's there for you.

Danielle
06-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Peanut butter sounds good, but I'm on a diet. *cue the sad music*
I also like those new 100-calorie Balance bars. The peanut butter crisp one is pretty good. It's got 6g of protein and 5g of fiber (and, of course, vitamins & minerals).

daniel_6_mile_man
06-16-2006, 09:08 AM
I practically live off peanut butter! For lunch I always have at least one peanut butter sandwhich....with jelly of course. It keeps me going.

eneagirl
06-16-2006, 01:30 PM
I love peanut butter and banana sandwhiches. As a female, I am constantly looking for ways to eat more potassium and this is great. Try it, you'll be surprised. It is really good.

akilles13
06-16-2006, 03:53 PM
I keep forgetting to try bananas and peanut butter together. I like them both separately, anyway. They both have some nice nutritional value. Of course, like anything else, too much of any one thing isn't good.

eneagirl
06-17-2006, 11:06 AM
so true akilles.

Now, when talking peanut butter we are meaning chunky right?

akilles13
06-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Creamy peanut butter for me, thanks. If I want peanut chunks, I'll eat a Snicker's bar. I don't like the chunks interfering with the smooth texture of my PB & J. :p

mis_chiff
06-20-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm Celiac so peanut butter sandwich's are out for me -
however I get my fix from flourless peanut butter
cookies...mmm easy and fast to make - and good for me too :)

Danielle
07-01-2006, 01:24 PM
mis chiff, those flourless p/b cookies--are they low-cal, by chance? P/B cookies are my favorite, but I've been avoiding them because of all the calories. What do you use instead of flour?

Riggy
07-04-2006, 12:19 AM
I like the idea of the flourless cookies too. Could you please tell us more about them...do you have a recipe?

Oh! and by the way, I love peanut butter too! Sometimes I go to the local healthfood store and use their grinder to make my own.

Riggy;)

CoachLevi
07-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Another peanut butter lover right here!

Anyone else use natural PB? You have it keep it mixed but it's worth it because it's so much healthier!

Danielle
07-07-2006, 06:48 PM
I've used natural PB. I like it better than regular because I'm trying to lose weight and the natural is less 'sweet tasting' so I don't eat as much.

eneagirl
07-08-2006, 01:53 AM
As a child I remember in health class actually making some natural peanut butter. It is so simple to make at home and a great project to do with your kids and then you can all enjoy the fruits of your labor together.

L8again
06-22-2007, 08:10 AM
One of my favorite meals is PB and choc chips mixed in my oatmeal-tastes like a no bake cookie! I also prefer natural PB or raw almond butter, because they have no hydrogenated fats

Peace_Hope
06-22-2007, 03:55 PM
One of my favorite meals is PB and choc chips mixed in my oatmeal-tastes like a no bake cookie! I also prefer natural PB or raw almond butter, because they have no hydrogenated fats

Those peanut butters seem to have a lot more oils in them though, I am pretty sure they are healthy oils but still, I try to stay away from oily stuff.

Isn't Almond butter also very expensive? Where do you get it?

L8again
07-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Trader Joe's has the best price on raw almond butter that I've found so far. You can pour off some of the oil before you stir it up if you want to decrease the amt of oil.

mrbill
07-09-2007, 04:50 PM
I love Peanut Butter on Celery!! Great fiber and a shot of protein for the muscles!

YUM!~~:D

gamecockfan
02-28-2008, 03:52 PM
I love peanut butter but has anyone out there tried Sun Butter? We had to convert due to some peanut allergies in the house- this is a great alternative but a little on the expensive side.

stressmom
03-05-2008, 04:53 PM
we just love plain old regular peanut butter and it is certainly yummy on celery and apple slices!