PDA

View Full Version : Chaffing/Pain where legs rub together while running!!!!!!!!

daniel_6_mile_man
06-10-2006, 01:53 PM
I did a 6 mile run as hard as I could 3 days ago. During and after that I developed and felt a real pain/chaffing feeling at the top of my legs where they rub together. I tried puttin vasoline on it but it didnt work at all. I've had it for the past 3 days and I've never reall been able to run on it.

Ive had this before, but its always gone away. I used a lot of vasoline, but it hasnt worked. I have no idea what else to do! What do you recommend or knwo that might help??

CoachLevi
06-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Spandex.

Peace_Hope
06-13-2006, 08:09 PM
TIGHTS: In colder weather, nylon tights will keep you running without limiting your ability to move fast. They are generally more comfortable and practical than the old floppy sweat pants. If one of your reasons for beginning to run is to lose weight, you may want to postpone your purchase of tights for a while. Hip-Huggers (the half-leg tights similar to shorts used by bikers) are also popular, particularly if leg-chafing is a problem because of your stride.

Chafing is a problem where your legs rub together too closely, perhaps try to keep your legs a little bit further apart? or just go out and get some bikers, they work great.

Discus_Girl
06-22-2006, 01:51 PM
I had the same problem myself, so I went out and bought some underarmor (no brand preference needed) compression shorts. They're for hot weather, so they wick away sweat to keep cool. I wear them under basketball or jogging shorts when I run. They work wonders.

snake
06-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Hi! You need to get BODYGLIDE! Put it where you need it. Depending on my weight (in the spring when I am heavier from hotdish all winter) I put it right behind my armpits where my arms may chafe, in the same area where you are having issues, on my chest where my bra may rub, men use it on their nipples, I even put some on the upper inside of my arches to prevent blisters on my longer, sweatier runs. ...you can put it anywhere! It is clear, it is scent-free, it will NOT stain your clothes. Some people find it to be spendy, but it is very worth it. I have also heard that some people use a clear deoderant. They say it does the same thing and leaves a nice scent! I personally have not tried that. I have done the vaseline thing and will not go back except in an emergency. I would try my husband's deoderant first! Bodyglide comes in different sizes and most sporting goods stores should carry it. I picked mine up at our local bike store. It comes in a deoderant-style case for ease of application. FIND SOME!!

asantama
11-19-2008, 02:58 AM
I use this stuff called Belgum Budder. Kind of a lesser known brand, but works awesome. Its really finding its place in the cycling world. I use it for running and cycling. Its paraben free if anyone really wants to avoid that stuff.

SeeHoffeRun012
11-23-2008, 09:20 PM
this same kinda thing happens to one of my teamates...except on his arms like near the elbow. Not sure how to get rid of it...but i like the spandex idea...thats how i run and i never have had a problem with that before.