PDA

View Full Version : Proper Jogging form

moor2k6
05-28-2006, 12:53 PM
read that when jogging, the motion of the foot should be ball of foot to heel. I was wondering, why does one have to go down on the heel when jogging? Why not just keep on the ball of the foot? Won't it look weird to go toe heel? Moreover, you are moving forward, won't going back down on the heel stop the motion?

Peace_Hope
06-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Yes, that is what I think also. Staying on the balls of your feet is more for a sprinter or someone wanting to really work out their calves!

Most runners go heel to toe, or mid-foot to toe, which is proper. I don't think that it is possible to run toe to heel, just seems odd.

This is what is required for proper running form:

Keep your head in a neutral position looking straight ahead.
Stay loose, and don't tighten up your muscles or arms, just stay relaxed!
Keep your arms moving front to back, not going out to the sides like a hockey player.
Run with your hips forward.
You can either run with midfoot or heel (midfoot is probably easier :))

Annnoura
07-27-2006, 11:03 PM
When your running don't hop, take long strides. Run with your arms moving back and forth and like the person above me said, don't move like a hockey player. Land with the ball of your foot, and kind of roll to the front of the foot, then push off. Thats about all i know...:eek:

mightymightyraider
08-07-2006, 11:42 AM
I think that when running the easiest thing to do is to do what comes natural and then if you are expierencing any problems adjust to eleviate the problem areas. That is what I have always done and it seems to work for me.