PDA

View Full Version : Treadmills STINK!

Peace_Hope
05-03-2006, 09:55 PM
I cannot stand running on treadmills, for some reason I run so much slower on one of those things than outside. I think it seriously messes with my head.

Plus it seems so much harder than running outside in the fresh air.

troy
05-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Treadmills, just not the same thing huh?

Peace_Hope
05-04-2006, 08:00 PM
No, I think that the boringness of it just rolling around in a circle and you always looking at that same thing in front of you makes your body feel fatigued all in itself.

It is very tiresome

troy
05-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Good alternative to rain though.

Peace_Hope
05-04-2006, 08:58 PM
good point, I guess I didn't think about that. I just go out and run in the rain though anyway. Then it feels awesome to come back inside take a nice hot shower and relax!

ravs2k6
05-06-2006, 04:34 AM
Treadmill training is great to get started, or to mix in, or during circumstances when it is very difficult to run outside. It is absolutely true that you need to eventually get a large percentage of your training in on roads if that's where you'll be racing. A treadmill at 0 incline is equivalent to a slight downhill grade. Nonetheless, it is a great place to start building a running base and developing general running fitness. Also, it is very low impact, compared to roads, so you will have less likelihood of an injury while you are building up.

naidu
05-09-2006, 06:40 AM
And treadmill also helps you in avoiding dust and cold weathers.