PDA

View Full Version : Lose weight chewing gum

naidu
05-24-2006, 06:11 AM
A new study suggests that you expend about 11 calories per hour by chewing gum (which could equal a weight loss of 10 pounds if you chew gum during walking hours every day for a year). Just see how making small changes in your life can have a significant effect on your weight! And the next time your mom tells you to spit that gum out, you know what to say, don't you?

moor2k6
05-24-2006, 11:58 AM
COMMENT: A person would have to chew every waking hour for one year to lose 11 pounds. This is clearly not the way to lose weight. I only print it to show some of the nonsense that traditional approaches take. They tend to ignore some basic bodily functions. One should rarely, if ever chew gum. There are neurological connections between the jaw and your pancreas. The act of chewing stimulates the pancreas to make digestive enzymes. This is why it is so important to thoroughly chew your food.
However, if you are chewing and your pancreas believes it will be getting food it will make enzymes to digest it, but the enzymes will be totally wasted and one's biochemistry will become unbalanced. It is a huge waste of precious enzyme activity, which is the major reason why people should not chew gum.

naidu
05-26-2006, 04:23 AM
Hmm, I got to know many interesting facts. So I think its ok to chew immediately after food as some body told me it helps in digestion. And one thing i don't understand that my doctor told me to chew gum to get reed of my double chin. Please let me know whether it's true.

Peace_Hope
05-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Check out some of these exercises that I found to help get rid of a double chin:

- Press your palm to your forehead for 10 seconds while resisting with your head and neck. You should feel your neck and chin tighten. Repeat the movement with your hand on the back of your head, then on each side, with your hand cupped over your ear.

-Lift your chin up and open and close your mouth as if you're chewing. Feel the muscles under your jaw and down the front of your neck tighten.

-Sit up straight in an armless chair, holding the bottom of the chair with your hands at your sides, tilt your head back and alternately close your mouth pushing your chin forward and them open your mouth as wide as you can.
-Lift chin slightly upward. With flat point of index and middle fingers press against indentation (hollow) formed by the two upper nodules of the larynx located at the curve from chin to neck. Do not be concerned in the beginning as to the precise location of pressure which you will discover through practice. Regard finger pressure as the resistance against the working muscles. Now press your back teeth firmly together and while maintaining this position, press the tip of your tongue against the inside of lower front teeth (gum line) increasing pressure with the tip of tongue in 10 or more gradual and definite steps (Count to 10). Hold end position of pressure for 6 seconds (count slowly to six). Release muscle work for 10 gradual steps (count to 10). Remove finger resistance. Repeat 4 more times.

-Slap under the chin with the back of your hand. When slapping, start gently and build up speed gradually. Do this for a couple of minutes each time, two or three times a day.

-Exercise the muscle called the platysma whose function is to pull down the corners of the mouth and pull down the jawbone. Open your mouth wide, and then pull up your bottom lip over your bottom teeth. Move your jaw up and down as if you're trying to scoop something up with it - imagine the movement of the shovel on a digger scooping up earth or debris on a building site. Perform ten repetitions of this exercise each time, and again do this two or three times a day.

SAY NO
Lie flat on the floor, lift your head SLIGHTLY (such that it is not in contact with the floor) and look to the sides one by one without letting the head rest on the floor. Will look a bit like you are saying NO.

SAY YES
Again, lie flat on the floor, and bring your chin closer to your chest and bring it back making sure your head does not rest on the floor. This will look like you are saying YES. You will see the difference within a couple of weeks. No need to over do this. Just once a day ... say 20 reps.

naidu
05-29-2006, 05:26 AM
Thanks Peace for the tips, they are very useful especially 4th exercise.

CoachLevi
05-30-2006, 12:46 PM
chewing gum can help with facial fat, but not a whole lot. it may be hard to notice the results. keep drinking lots of water and eating right while exersizing. The facial exersizes are great too.

it's kind of like saying doing abdominal crunches will make you skinny :p

(spot training like that doesn't work)

eneagirl
07-08-2006, 02:09 AM
LOL. I don't know about chewing gum and losing weight, but you can choose gum varieties these days that are excellent for teeth maintenance.

And, chewing gum is another great alternative for those out there that are trying to kick that nasty smoking habit.

Danielle
07-08-2006, 01:31 PM
lmao!

For me, chewing gum just gets me wanting real food. Mmm, a nice thick chewy steak sounds good right about now. *drools*

Word2Action
07-12-2006, 07:31 PM
lmao!

For me, chewing gum just gets me wanting real food. Mmm, a nice thick chewy steak sounds good right about now. *drools*

Thanks, now I have the urge to get a juciy steak myself. Protein here I come :)

JimOakly
08-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Wow. I'll tell you the things that people come up with now is just nuts. There are so many little things that we can do that will either kill us or give us 10+ years of life now it seems. Kind of wacky. I guess i'll have to try this though.

imbiz06
06-06-2007, 10:19 PM
oh.i wont chew gum from now.i don't want to loose my weight.

suvi
06-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Thats definitely not going to help. I know from personal experience. I have been chewing gum for at least 2 hours a day for so many years now.
________
Magic Flight Launch Box (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/magic-flight-launch-box)

anuban1976
06-07-2007, 02:51 AM
nice info there by moor2k6. even i was worried about the side effects of chewing gum.

ashish1987
06-07-2007, 03:52 AM
i tried this one too..
but didnt help at all. the only thing that made a difference was yoga...

cameron7
11-23-2007, 07:52 AM
It may be possible by using chewing gum we reduce weight.
Here are also few tips to reducing weight. If you want to reduce your weight, (http://www.bayho.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BH&Product_Code=826422&Category_Code=) it is better to have a check on your food habits. You should have regular physical exercise to be healthy. Maintaining normal weight and fit body is a must for a healthy and long life. The following are a few tips to reduce weight:
Take appropriate and timely steps to control your weight
Give due importance to stress free and relaxed life.
Change your diet system.
A balanced diet is very vital to maintain normal weight. Starving is not a solution.
Take more fruits and vegetables and try to add as much variety to your diet as possible.
Try new things and new meal ideas.Including above tips you can also use some supplements (http://www.bayho.com/mm5/merchant.mvc) which have natural ingredient. I suggest you online store called bayho (http://www.bayho.com) where you buy this type of supplement online.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

dan82
01-18-2008, 10:27 PM
I really think the best thing is running that helps a whole lot and if do swimming you got it..first burn the fat then build muscle

stressmom
03-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I think that chewing gum sometimes takes your mind off of being hungry and can even take the edge off just a little bit. I personally like the Extra brand.