PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Source of Energy

CoachLevi
05-23-2006, 02:03 PM
Do you prefer bars, gels, or sports drinks?

I always use a combination of the three. (Except during mountain bike races, it's a bit hard to eat an energy bar!)

Peace_Hope
05-24-2006, 07:07 AM
I prefer Sports drinks, but I am very specific about my drinks, I do not like the ones with tons of sugar and all that other crap. It needs to be healthy... So there are not that many actual sports drinks that I will just drink.

In fact yesterday I ran at my schools Conference Prelims meet and had one of those Sobe Adrenalin Drinks, but all I did was take a sip, swallow it, then just cool my mouth down with the rest then spit it out, in order to get it in my throat and get my energy levels up, but not injest all that crap.

Let me know what the best sports drinks are for you (ie low in sugar)... I have found one product that I now sell, it is called LiftOff. You can find out more here:

RunningJim
05-24-2006, 09:04 AM
I have never had the energy gels, I wonder how those work.

moor2k6
05-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Energy Gels by themselves are extremely hypertonic (more concentrated than your body fluids), which means they are very slowly absorbed by your body. With all energy gels (e-Gel, GU, PowerGel, Clif Shot, etc.) it is important that you consume adequate amounts of water. Water dilutes the gel and lowers the osmolality of the combined solution, thus increasing the absorption rate. If you consume just the right amount of water, the combined solution will become isotonic (the same concentration as your body fluids) which allows for rapid absorption, hydration and maximum energy delivery

CoachLevi
05-30-2006, 12:49 PM
I have never had the energy gels, I wonder how those work.

They give you 100 simple calories for a quick energy boost. They're also easy to ingest.

anuban1976
06-07-2007, 03:16 AM
voted for sports drinks

ehankin
08-21-2007, 09:20 PM
I am a big fan of the Clif Shot Bloks. I had a hard time with the consistency of the gels and these blocks are a gummy-candy-like consistency with the same ingredients as the gels. They are really tasty too. There is one with extra salt and some other specialized types too. I like the Strawberry ones myself. :p

TenBalance
09-13-2007, 04:02 AM
The key to optimal body energy is to create the ideal balance of alkaline and acid forming foods. Since our body's pH level is slightly alkaline, our diet and nutrition should also reflect this. In this regard we should never consume more than 20-25% of neutral and acidifying foods, and at least 75% of alkalizing and alkaline foods, such as green vegetables, salads and avocados.

Fresh vegetables, greens and grasses are an excellent anti-yeast and anti-fungal. Green grasses or related green powder products such as barley or wheat grass are some of the lowest-calorie, lowest-sugar and most nutrient-rich foods on earth, and contain high amounts of fiber.

Since our body continually struggles to maintain its ideal pH, our cell system is over-burdened. This is why we have to support these efforts by achieving pH balance. When we achieve pH balance, our body naturally drops to its healthy weight, our food cravings will diminish and our energy levels will increase immensely.

Regards, Ten