PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to carry a water bottle when out running?

Peace_Hope
05-15-2006, 08:24 PM
I have always wondered what other runners do when they go on long runs on those really hot days. How do you carry your water with you? Just hold it in your hand?

I always seem to get very annoyed with holding the bottle, plus I think it messes up my stride and fluency.

CoachLevi
05-17-2006, 08:55 AM
I was pretty cheap when I started running, so I just didn't take water! Not a great idea...

Some of my friends would carry bottles in their hands, which I thought was stupid and a nuisance.

But thankfully I won a Fuel Belt and that has been amazing! If you've never seen a fuel belt, it's an elastic belt that goes around your waist and holds little 6 oz water bottles. It's really nice and well worth the $30 if you run a lot.

You won't have to carry anything in your hand and you don't even notice you're wearing it, it's quite balanced.

Peace_Hope
05-17-2006, 07:28 PM
6 oz water bottles? How many of these can it hold?

Sounds pretty cool, I think you should show me a picture of one or where I can purchase it.

Thanks

naidu
05-18-2006, 04:04 AM
Go through the above links for more info on fuel belts.

CoachLevi
05-18-2006, 06:53 AM
This is the one I have:
3 water bottles for about 20 oz, plus a gel flask for 6 oz of gel.

You can also get one with 4 water bottles, which is what I recommend, because the gel flask on mine likes to fall out of its holster. The water bottles stay put perfectly though!

Danielle
06-19-2006, 06:55 AM
I don't have a lot of moola to spend on running, so what I do is use a fanny pack and put in a couple of my toddler's old baby bottles filled with water. I find that keeping the fanny pack against my stomach is the most comfortable position.

yuppie
06-20-2006, 04:32 AM
It's better not to carry anything. It will make you run faster :)

mis_chiff
06-20-2006, 07:45 PM
The athletes during Ironman usually have them on a fuel or fanny pack type
thing around their waist - they carry on like they have nothing there.
Even during events it's like it's second nature for them.
I hate having stuff in my hands - throws me right off balance...lol

joggingqueen
08-18-2006, 02:14 PM
I have a fuel belt as well and I swear buy it. I would never be bothered with carrying my water when there is something as great as this available and it is not that much money. For those on a tight budget try looking on there should be plent on there.

imbiz06
06-06-2007, 10:03 PM
the best way to keep water bootle is to keep on ur waist side...

suvi
06-07-2007, 12:25 AM
That one is pretty cool.

I don't have a lot of moola to spend on running, so what I do is use a fanny pack and put in a couple of my toddler's old baby bottles filled with water. I find that keeping the fanny pack against my stomach is the most comfortable position.

anuban1976
06-07-2007, 12:41 AM
wow , the fuel belt idea is really a very good one. thanks coachlevi for the idea. will for sure go for it, if i feel like carrying water whilst running.

ashish1987
06-07-2007, 02:45 AM
not a good idea...specially on everyday runs.
i prefer it without the extra load.